Creating high quality software source code and an appropriate test coverage has always been an issue in software development. Unfortunately, many projects have experienced that neither the test coverage nor the test code quality were as high in retrospect, as the participants had wished.
It doesnt’t have to be like that. With Test Driven Development (TDD), also called test first, both goals can be achieved with ease. TDD shifts the creation of tests and the optimization of the code quality directly to the process of the creating the source code. High code quality will be directly produced and assured as part of the coding and not in a later test phase as in traditional approaches. And this is why Test Driven Development is a major part in eXtreme Programming and other agile process models.
Closely associated with the altered sequence of testing and programming and the increased awareness of high code quality in TDD, is also the ability to write real unit tests. At first glance mastering TDD appears easy, but in reality it requires substantially more effort and an adequate training of the software developers into this topic is a valuable investment in the future.
Therefore, we have specially developed this seminar for software developers who program in Java. This seminar will prepare you in an optimal way for the future use of TDD.
After this training you will be able to:
- understand the TDD cycle, and apply it successfully
- develop software in an agile process model
- break down and test software components at unit level
- understand how to develop software directly in a well testable and maintainable manner
- practice good object-oriented architecture and design
- use the appropriate refactoring pattern to continuously improve your software
Learning should be fun and the greatest learning outcomes will be achieved when, in addition to the fun, the practical application of the theoretical content is part of the curriculum. Therefore a project will accompany us throughout the seminar, in which we will build and program a LEGO Mindstorms® robot with the methods we have been learned.
The main contents of this course are:
- The basic process of Test Driven Development
- Dealing with test doubles such as fake, dummy, mock or stub
- The creation of real unit tests
- The use of EasyMock or Mockito as mocking frameworks
- The impact of TDD on the code quality
- The use of refactoring pattern
- The application of code quality strategies
- Pairing in TDD (TDD Game)
Depending on the development environment you already use, either EasyMock or Mockito will be used as the mocking framework in the training. Please discuss this in advance with the trainer.
To convey all this successfully, this course rely on active participation and that is why we limit the number of participants to a maximum of 8 people. The use of modern learning techniques will help you to easily internalize the contents of the training and successfully use it in future projects.
Java software developers who want to develop successful high-quality software with Test Driven Development
Number of participants:
2 to 8
|Date||Location||Language||Days||Seats left||Price (exclusive of VAT)|
|Feb 22 -23, 2016||Hilden||German||2||>3||€ 999,00|
|Mar 14 -15, 2016||Hilden||German||2||>3||€ 999,00|
|Apr 11 -12, 2016||Hilden||German||2||>3||€ 999,00|